Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I'm locked in!

Anyone who knows the joys of keeping children out of the places they should not be will know at times its a test of wills.

The other night our little girl got through a gate we thought was closed and fell down the stairs. Needless to say it scared a good ten years off our lives in that one moment. Thankfully children roll and bounce really well. She came away with a couple of bruises and a few days of "less activity." Mind you that has been another contest of wills.

So today when I needed to get dressed I took her up, made sure all the gates were closed, and flipped the lock on the outside of her dad's office door. Now he was inside and I did tell him I was doing it. We do that sometimes to keep her from having a rumage while hes working. Normally he does it from the inside.

Today he was bit sick and I thought I'd save him for a few minutes, lock the door...get dressed...unlock door and go back downstairs.

Did it happen that way? No it did not. I got busy playing with the said munchkin, loaded her up and took off down the stairs laughing and playing.

We had been off playing for a awhile when I walked through the dinning room and happened to notice parts of some red letters on my computer in a small window. I thought to myself "what in the world is that."

Walking over I see this in a talker window:



. _ _ _ _ _
+> [] . (_| )_ __ ___ | | ___ ___| | _____ __| |
+> [] . | |/| '_ ` _ \ | |/ _ \ / __| |/ / _ \/ _` |
+> [] . | | | | | | | | | | (_) | (__| < __/ (_| |
+> [] . |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|\___/ \___|_|\_\___|\__,_|
+> [] .
+> [] . _
+> [] . (_)_ __
+> [] . | | '_ +> [] . | | | | |
+> [] . |_|_| |_|




I also see my IM window flashing and it has a very polite "lemme out please =)."

What do I do, I nearly collapse in the floor laughing. I laugh all the way upstairs. And yes I even thought of making him sweat it out a few more minutes in pure evilness, but I did manange to control that part of my nature and decided to let him out. ;)

I unlock the door and hes standing there looking all stern and I nearly fell on the floor laughing again. I did manage to get I'm so sorry out between the laughing bursts and even gave him a kiss.

I'm just glad I had decided on not going for the walk that I had planned this morning. I can just imagine how upset he would have been locked in his office till lunch. ;)

My great evil sense of humour does want to test it one more time, but I think one accidental lock in might be let go, a second might be construed as an act of war.;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home