Monday, June 12, 2006

Who said Americans can't drive in England?

Yay, I have passed the first part of my driving test, just working on the driving part now.

Mind you I did manage to drive on the right hand side of the road the other day even though I've lived in england for little over 2 years now and know better. The instructor just calmly said "You're driving American again" and laughed a bit. Thankfully it was a residential area so no one got scared. ;)

He doesnt think I will need to many lessons, just need some to learn to handle roundabouts better and to get out of some very bad drivings habits. Its very common for me to be muttering to myself as I turn a corner "feed the wheel, feed the wheel, dont go hand over hand, feed the wheel." Yes I just might be clinically insane by the time I get done with the lessons. Oh yeah wait, I might be there already;)

Ah well maybe I'll just post a big sign on my car instead of the learner sticker:

Follow at your own risk, tendency to drive like a foreigner! ;);)

Sides we bought these magnetic L plates. Thought it would be easier than taping some inside of the windows. Yep worked great right up till the time I hit 30 and the damn things blew off the car on the way to the store. Rog had to go back and pick them up while Mia and I went around the store shopping. ;)

Ah but the fun part comes up soon to, in all the years I have been driving I have not had to parallel park very often and now I need to do it for the test. That should be fun, I tend to be the one who pulls in with the front of the car, not pull up to car in front and then back into the spot. I'm chicken and really most spots where I lived in the states I never needed to. We just pulled in and backed out at the stores. So there ya go something new (or really something old) for me to learn and get correct.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home